Monday, April 3, 2017

2 Missing Scenes from My Favorite Year

I have watched this 1982 classic dozens of times: first on a VHS tape made from HBO in the early 1980s, then an MGM laserdisc, then the DVD (with commentary by director Richard Benjamin). I have not, however, seen this film on basic cable... which is why I had no idea these two deleted scenes even existed!  The first one (with Mark Linn-Baker) is funny but clearly adds nothing to the film's narrative.  It also would have confused viewers who weren't familiar with this particular sub-plot.  The second scene just drags on too long, and any foreshadowing it provides for the film's climax is unnecessary.  I am glad, though, that it finally explains who Phil Bruns and Archie Hahn are supposed to be in the finale (federal agent and delivery boy, respectively).

No comments:

Post a Comment