Tuesday, November 29, 2016

PINK FLOYD THE EARLY YEARS 1965-72 boxed set is confusing

With the release of the new boxed set "The Early Years 1965–1972," I thought I would go back to my blog post on the band's recordings (many of which I am unimpressed with), as well as a recent article I saw on Cheat Sheet ranking the group's studio albums.

"The Piper at the Gates of Dawn," "A Saucerful of Secrets," "More," "Ummagumma," "Atom Heart Mother Meddle," "Obscured by Clouds," "The Dark Side of the Moon," "Wish You Were Here," "Animals," "The Wall," "The Final Cut," "A Momentary Lapse of Reason," "The Division Bell" (including its 20th Anniversary boxed set) and "The Endless River," plus live albums "Ummagumma," "Live at Pompeii," "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "Pulse."

I also look at the Immersion boxes as well as the "Shine On" box and collections like "Masters of Rock," "Relics," "A Nice Pair," "A Collection of Great Dance Songs," "Echoes," "A Foot in the Door," "1965: Their First Recordings," plus the soundtracks "London '66–'67" (aka Tonite Lets All Make Love in London), "San Francisco," "The Committee," "Zabriskie Point."

I do not have the time or desire to tackle "Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81" or "Pink Floyd – The Wall La Carrera Panamericana."

No comments:

Post a Comment