Thursday, July 2, 2015

Simon & Garfunkel in quadraphonic sound

My interest in Quadraphonic sound comes and goes, and I have 2 quad copies of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on vinyl... which turns out to be one of the best quad mixes out there.  It sounded like it was running a bit fast the one time I played "Baby Driver" for a bit.  Anyhow, here is a review of the quad version.  I also had the 45rpm audiophile edition from about 10 years ago, and never opened it.  That was apparently the best-sounding version ever. Rats.

And for good measure, my favorite song on this LP is "Keep the Customer Satisfied."  Somewhere online, it was done up by an obscure Australian group in 1971; the black-and-white clip seems to have disappeared, and I forget the name of the group.  Someone help!

No comments:

Post a Comment