Monday, April 20, 2015

Channel 43 plays favorites... and sells cars

This block of commercials contains several promos for WUAB-TV in Cleveland, Channel 43.  The Wikipedia page's history of the station is pretty accurate, and a nice blog post is here.  The jingle they use is before my time, and waaaayyyy too catchy.  I also remember John Lance from his commercials -- so animated!  The dealership is still there.




And here's another Cleveland car guy, Ed Stinn.  I also barely remember this, but the background music here is SO INFECTIOUS.  Herb Alpert on steroids.  Someone identify it for me!  According to the YouTube comments, his dealer went belly up after some shadiness, and he later ran used car lots that were owned by his son.  No idea if that info is true.  Based on the commenters, I would also say this is likely his wife's obituary, which indicates Ed died in 2005.




OK, one more... C. Miller Chevrolet.  I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment