Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Night Moves soundtrack suite: Michael Small

From the soundtrack to the very underrated 1975 Arthur Penn/Gene Hackman film, "Night Moves," this is a suite of the soundtrack's best moments.  Seems a little Lalo Schifrin-esque.
I do not believe any sort of soundtrack was ever released (unsurprising given that the film was not so successful), so this is likely the best way to get any of this (parts still have sound effects).  I remember reading that Roger Ebert loved showing this film to the college students he taught, and that they could never agree on what the ending meant.  I usually agreed more with my hero, Gene Siskel, but Ebert was on to something here.  However, maybe avoid this movie if you're going to a party later and just need a conversation starter.  Frankly, discussing most of what's on this blog will probably get you weird looks at a party.  I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment