Thursday, October 6, 2022

Beatles: Let It Be or Get Back or BOTH

Here's what I consider the “ultimate” version of “Let It Be.”  I used cuts from the original album, the Anthology, the original film itself, and various boots (much of which is likely in the new Peter Jackson "Get Back"). I wanted it to function like an audio documentary, showing how the band actually made the album.  So I included the brief songs, the chatter, and I also tried to avoid Phil Spector productions where possible.


SIDE 1:

1. Get Back (45 mix)

2. Two of Us (short fast version, from film)

3. Watching Rainbows (boot)

4. The Walk (boot)

5. Teddy Boy (Anthology 3)

6. Rip It Up Medley (Anthology 3)

7. I Me Mine (original LP)

8. Dig It (Glyn Johns)

9. Let It Be (45 mix)

10. Maggie Mae (original LP)


SIDE 2:

1. Rocker aka I'm Ready (boot)

2. The Long and Winding Road (Anthology 3)

3. For You Blue (from film, with long instrumental opening)

4. Two of Us (original LP)... crossfades to:

5. Don't Let Me Down (45 mix)

6. I've Got a Feeling (Let It Be... Naked)

7. Dig a Pony (from the film with "all I want is" opening)

8. One After 909 (original LP)

9. Get Back (Anthology 3 version, crossfades to coda as in the movie)


UPDATE (2/9/24): I would also add the Glyn Johns mix of "Across the Universe" to side two, from the deluxe edition of "Let it Be."

No comments:

Post a Comment