Thursday, June 8, 2017

2 Horrible Christmas Songs by Bob Seger and Brian Wilson

It's June, so you know that means; CHRISTMAS SONGS!

I've cringed at the following two awful Christmas songs as much as I have whenever I hear "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer."

"The First Noel" by Brian Wilson sounds like a terrible, warbly mess that was concocted on a department store keyboard. I hate, hate, hate it, probably because I know Mr. Wilson can (and has) made lots of music that was better than this:


Bob Seger recorded his first Christmas song, "Sock It to Me, Santa" in the late 1960s, when he was still a goofy kid. It's his attempt at James Brown, and it has its charms. However, I cannot forgive him for his take on "The Little Drummer Boy," recorded when he was a GROWN MAN at age 44!  Again, it's a case of a fine artist recording horrible music.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment