Friday, March 6, 2015

Why Your Sports Cards from the '80s and '90s Are Worthless

This is interesting not JUST because it neatly outlines the dilemma for Gen X (and younger) hoarders of sports cards, but also anyone selling anything that "seems" collectible.  In reality, a lot of it is not that rare or sought after.  It makes me sad, though, that no one even wants these for any reason.  By the way, I picked an image of John Kruk because he once said (paraphrasing), "I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."

I will also add that I have found sports cards generally from the 70s through early 80s are also worthless unless VERY well-cared-for, and very desirable.  From the 1960s and back, you still have a chance at some pocket change.  But in general, those cardboard memories are just that.... only memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment